The Project: “E-learning and ICT in Support of Human Resource Development in the Cross-border Region (e-Support)” is conducted by the Association Business Information and Consulting Center – Sandanski, Bulgaria and Centre for Development and Promotion PROMO IDEA – Strumica, and is funded by IPA Cross-border Programme between Republic of Bulgaria and Republic of Macedonia.
This project includes mutual effect, fostering favorable conditions for social inclusion, economic development and human resources development in the tourist sector and benefit on the CB region. Regional approach of the actions predicted with the Project will contribute on large scale improvement of the existing socio-economic potentials and will create conditions for sustainable development of the tourist sector in the CB region and wider. The CBC impact includes joint initiatives for social inclusion, economic development, utilization of new tools appropriate for acceleration of joint co-operation in future with specific focus of human resources development and capacity building in tourist sector. This will promote new products as benefit for the local/regional SME related to tourism, local communities and local population in the targeted cross-border region.
The project activities are defined in accordance with the general objective of the CBC programme between Bulgaria – Macedonia. The project will be implemented in the period from 18 December 2013 to 19 December 2014.
Lead Partner/ PP1: Association Business Information and Consulting Center – Sandanski, Bulgaria
Partner/ PP2: Center for development and promotion Promo Idea – Strumica, Macedonia
Priority Axis 1: Economic Development and Social Cohesion
Area of intervention 1.2: Social Cohesion
Type of measure: Soft
Duration: 12 months
Total budget: 97.242,64 Euro
EU co-funding: 82.656,24 Euro
The overall objective is to promote social cohesion in the cross-border regions of Bulgaria and Macedonia through the establishment and implementation of a set of joint measures, activities and mechanisms in support of human resource development in the field of tourism. The project will provide support to the local SME’s, private entrepreneurs, business support organizations, vocational training providers and educational institutions directly or indirectly related to the tourism industry in the targeted region in order to meet the new conditions and challenges of the regional economic environment through the utilization of innovative ICT based tools and approaches for e-learning, capacity building and promotion.
- To support the human resource management in the tourism sector by creating a common strategic plan for human resource management and development;
- To build capacity and to improve knowledge and practical skills of human resources in the field of tourism;
- To promote cooperation and to build linkages between employers, business support organizations and educational institutions working in the field of tourism;
- To put in practice innovative means for learning and adapting of human resources in the field of tourism;
- To support social cohesion and best practice exchange in the field of tourism by promoting and preserving local and traditional cuisine and culinary practices of the cross-border region of Bulgaria and Macedonia.
- SMEs working in or related to the tourism industry in the target cross-border region
- Tourist agencies working the target cross-border region
- Business Support organizations, NGOs, branch associations and other organizations that are conducting their activities in relation to the tourism industry development
- Educational institutions of the border region such as universities, technical high schools (with tourism profile), training and vocational training organizations;
- Management and administrative staff of tourism businesses working in the target CB region of Bulgaria and Macedonia
- General and specialized personnel of tourism businesses working in the target CB region of Bulgaria and Macedonia
- Experts and representatives of business support organizations, NGOs, branch associations and other organizations that are conducting their activities in relation to the tourism industry development
- Experts and staff of educational institutions
- University and high school students studying in educational institutions of the cross border region
- Developed Human Resources Development Strategy in Tourist Sector;
- Developed and delivered personalzied “E-tourism Training Programme” including e-learning training modules and content for enhancing knowledge and practical skills of human resources in the field of tourism
- Trained and enhanced skills of general and specialized personnel of tourism businesses working in the target CB region of Bulgaria and Macedonia
- Developed, applied and promoted innovative tools in support of human resource development, training and adaptation; (E-learning programme; Web-portal; E-library; Application for mobile devices; Catalogue of local and traditional cuisine;