The Project: “e-Commerce in support of exports from the cross-border region Strumica – Kyustendil (e-Export)” is conducted by the Centre for Development and Promotion PROMO IDEA – Strumica, Macedonia and the National Association of Small and Medium Business – Kyustendil, Bulgaria and was funded by IPA Cross-border Programme between Republic of Bulgaria and Republic of Macedonia.
This project includes mutual activities to support SMEs of the border region of Strumica and Kyustendil through facilitation of trade, promoting exports, internet commerce and networking between businesses.
The project activities are defined in accordance with the general objective of the CBC programme between Bulgaria – Macedonia: “To promote sustainable economic growth in the region through diversification of current economic activities, provision of businesses-support services, new technologies and innovations, promote social cohesion in the region through investment in human resource development and establishment of CB networks between small and medium enterprises.”
The project was implemented in the period from 23 July 2012 to 22 July 2013.
Lead Partner/ PP1: Center for development and promotion Promo Idea – Strumica, Macedonia
Partner/ PP2: National Association of Small and Medium Business – NASMB, branch office Kyustendil, Bulgaria
Priority Axis 1: Economic Development and Social Cohesion
Area of intervention 1.1: Economic development
Type of measure: Soft
Duration: 12 months
Total budget: 97.324,30 Euro
EU co-funding: 82.725,66 Euro
To contribute to sustainable economic growth of the cross-border region Strumica – Kyustendil through facilitation of trade, promoting exports, internet commerce and networking between businesses.
- To increase trade in the cross-border region Strumica – Kyustendil by improving mutual market knowledge, information flow on the new trade rules after the accession of BG into EU and exchange of experiences and networking between stakeholders;
- To increase competitiveness of the export oriented SMEs in the cross-border region by investing in human resource development, provision of value added export promotion services and developing of partnerships between responsible institutions and
- To increase the exports from the cross-border region by using e-Commerce tools and advisory services.
- SMEs with export potential
- Business support organizations (BSO)
- Representatives of export oriented SMEs
- Staff members of Promo Idea – Strumica and NASMB – Kyustendil
- Representatives of public authorities and institutions
- Representatives from BSO
- Representatives from export promotion institutions on national level
- Prepared analysis of export potential of the SMEs in the CB region Strumica – Kyustendil prepared;
- Export guide for SMEs designed, printed and distributed;
- Trained 96 representatives from the export oriented SME trained
- Conducted in total 10 capacity building, networking and matchmaking events with participation of BG and MK export oriented SMEs.
- Centre for support of export oriented SMEs from the cross-border region established